COVID Operational Procedures
PUBLIC SPACE SOCIAL & PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Guests and associates are advised to practice social and physical distancing by standing at least six (6) feet away from other groups of people not traveling with you while standing in lines or moving around the property. We have rearranged seating groups and placed floor decals throughout the resort to assist with appropriate distancing requirements.
PUBLIC SPACE FACE COVERINGS: For your safety, the safety of other guests, and our staff, facial coverings over the nose and mouth is recommended public areas of the resorts where there is a roof overhead. This includes the lobby at Islander Resort and Bayside Villas by Islander Resort.
HOUSEKEEPING: Rest assured, your guestroom has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival using CDC-approved sanitizers effective against COVID-19. To provide the safest environment for our guests and associates, our housekeeping protocols are as follows:
- Islander Resort: We will enter your guestroom every three (3) days to preform housekeeping services. Should you have any special needs during your stay or require housekeeping service inside of three (3) days, please do not hesitate to contact Guest Services and we will make every effort to assist you.
- Bayside Villas by Islander Resort: Housekeeping services are available upon request only with 24-hour notice. Unfortunately, day-of requests will not be honored.
DINING: Tides Beachside Bar & Grill will be your go-to for lunch, and dinner. Tides will be open from 10:30am until 10pm daily. Elements Lounge is only open for breakfast. Should you be interested in dining off-site, please contact Guest Services by dialing “0” for local dining suggestions. We also rent propane gas grills for $75/day including grilling utensils. Please contact Guest Services to check the availability of our grills.
POOL and SPLASH PAD and BEACH and PIER: The pool, splash pad, beach, and pier are open to overnight guests only. For your safety, we have grouped and rearranged seating through the resort to maintain physical distancing requirements. We ask guests remain mindful of the physical distancing while enjoying the pool and beach.
MAINTENANCE CALLS: In the event you have a maintenance issue in your room, please contact Guest Services by dialing “0” on the phone in your room. A member of our Engineering Team will contact you by phone to walk you through the process of fixing the issue. If we are unable to resolve the issue a member of our Engineering Team will discuss the next step with you to safely enter your room.
ISLANDER RESORT STAFF REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Specific COVID-19 training related to operational procedures in all departments
- Mandatory use face coverings outside and inside
- Consistent key card and high touch surface sanitizing
- Maintaining social and physical distancing in all areas of the resort
- Enhanced cleaning protocols and the use of cleaning products that are EPA approved and effective for use against viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all public areas and high touch surfaces resort-wide
- Enhanced guest room cleaning and sanitizing protocol with approved and effective cleaning products
- Public lounge furniture at our pool, beach, restaurants, and other areas separated and sanitized frequently
- Dedicated attendant distributing pool towels
- All laundry washed in high-temperature water and sanitized with approved laundry cleaning
We will continue to follow the lead of public health authorities during this important time, and quickly share any important updates with you. We are taking the enhanced health and safety measures listed above seriously for the health and safety of you, our other guests, and our staff. Due to the nature of COVID-19, we ask you follow all guidelines above and all posted instructions while spending time at Islander Resort and Islander Bayside.
Please note, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present as this novel virus is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. It is understood, then, by your presence at Islander Resort and Bayside Villas by Islander Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19.